The 2020 Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) for Excellent International Students in China is available for application.
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are on their second-year or above degree program with Tongji University are eligible for application from the University. Note that CGS is categorized by two types: Specific (available to self-financed students only) and General (available to all students, with merit certificate only without financial support).
1. The application and evaluation process is consistent with that of the independent enrollment program. To apply, students need to log in onto the China Scholarship Council for International Students at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn to submit their application.
1) Special attention should be paid to the CGS type. Please select “C” for your scholarship type.
2) The “Agency Number” of Tongji University is 10247.
3) The “Length of Study” is from September 1, 2020 to July 15, 2021.
III. Requirements for paper-based application materials
1. Specific Type applicants shall submit the following:
1) Filled CGS Application form;
2) Letter from the University showing your student status;
3) transcript for the 2019-2020 academic year (generated and stamped by the teaching administration office) of your school/college;
4) A letter of recommendation and CGS candidates list from the International Students Office of Tongji University;
5) An article about My Story of Studying in China (title to be decided by the applicant) with a minimum length of 800 words.
6) Other supporting materials, for example, promotion about the applicant;
7) Proof of your publication(s) being indexed in databases or an acceptance letter of your paper from a publisher:
8) A copy of award(s) or patent(s) at the national, provincial or municipal level;
9) Proof showing your leadership role at school or a student organization.
3. General Type applicants MUST submit the following in addition to
the materials stated above:
1) Proof of your publication(s) being indexed in databases or acceptance letter of your paper from a publisher; (No other papers will be accepted as supporting materials).
2) A copy of award(s) or patent(s) at national, provincial or municipal level;
3) Proof showing your leadership role at school or a student organization;
4) Other supporting materials from Tongji University that are stamped by the International Students Office.
Please submit your application materials to Mr. YE with the International Students Office at Room 705, Zhonghe Building, Tongji University, Siping Campus by November 18, 2020.
International Students Office
November 11, 2020