Visa Application

International students shall apply for a visa for their entry into the People’s Republic of China.

Visa type:

• X1 for long term, or

• X2(short term).

Application materials:

• Admission Letter of Tongji University, JW201 or JW202 form,

• Medical report, and

• Other related documents.

Venue for application: Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country

Please note:

  • After applying for your entry visa, you must retrieve the Admission Letter, JW201 or JW202 form, and other related documents from the Chinese Embassy or Consulate.

  • Visa-free entry is not allowed.

For more detail, please visit